Tuesday, January 1, 2013

au naturale

I have my parents to thank for my love affair with nature -- the many camping and road trips in our 1970s RV, fishing with my dad, and hundreds of hours spent under the sun and in the sea. At 44, I continue to be enamored by the gifts nature gives me on a daily basis, whether it be a glorious sunset, a harvest moon, a horned owl sighting, a whale breaching or dolfins jumping through a glassy wave. I have been blessed with all of these gifts and more. This has been a tough year for many of us, including myself.  One thing that I have been able to count on is my moments in nature. It is a very "freeing" experience for me -- free from stress, free from the daily noise and free from my own inner struggles.  We can learn a lot from nature, and I'm not just talking about biomimicry. I am still learning these life lessons, whether it be patience or appreciation.
As one of my favorite authors, Ralph Waldo Emerson,  stated, "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."

Enjoy these "nature" photos I recently shot.
After the storm.....
 
 
My hometown
 
Self portrait: post-rain shower surf

Hike with my son


A friend of mine sent me the below breathtaking photos of the Northern Lights in Yellowknife, Canada. I had to share. I'm not sure who the photographer is.





And, check out this photo of a rare North Pole sunset



May you all find the lessons and beauty in nature every day in 2013!







 



No comments:

Post a Comment